RESTRICTIONS AND DETAILS
Only one application per person can be submitted.
Students who are currently receiving scholarship support or financial aid from SCI-Arc or SCI-Arc Mexico are ineligible to apply for this opportunity.
Individuals who currently have outstanding debts to SCI-Arc are not eligible for consideration for this scholarship opportunity.
- The evaluation and selection of the applications will be held in three (3) phases.
PHASE ONE- QUALIFICATION
SCI-Arc will verify that all applications submitted meet the requirements and applicants have submitted all supporting documentation required. Applicants will receive an email from SCI-Arc once all application information has been verified and all requirements have been met.
PHASE TWO-INITIAL REVIEW
All applicants will be initially reviewed by a jury selected by SCI-Arc Mexico and ten (10) finalists will be selected for SCI-Arc to review.
PHASE THREE-FINAL SELECTION
A jury of directors, program chairs, and faculty at SCI-Arc will review the 10 applicants that were selected in phase two. One individual will be selected as the winning recipient of the scholarship.
Decisions made by the jury in phase two and phase three are final.
SCHOLARSHIP RESULTS AND CONDITIONS
- The results of the scholarship will be published during the second week of June on SCI-Arc's official website: http://sciarc.edu. SCI-Arc will also notify the winning recipient by email.
- The winning recipient will receive official acceptance documentation from SCI-Arc’s Admissions Office outlining the conditions and details of their acceptance and scholarship. A $500 non-refundable deposit will be required within 14 days of receiving the official documentation to secure their scholarship and position in the program. If no response is given within this time frame, the scholarship will be granted to the second place applicant and thus subsequently.
- The scholarship will cover 100% of tuition for the M.Arch 2 program or the EDGE program. The scholarship will not cover the tuition cost of the Introduction to Digital Design (IDD) workshop that is required for all incoming M.Arch 2 students.
- The winning recipient must be able to demonstrate the financial ability to cover their living expenses for one year. If the winning recipient is unable to provide sufficient documentation to SCI-Arc through other scholarships or personal resources, the scholarship will be granted to the second place applicant and thus subsequently.
- SCI-Arc may revoke the scholarship granted to the selected candidate if any breach or violation of the Participation Rules and Scholarship Conditions is determined at any time.
- SCI-Arc may revoke the scholarship for the second year if the selected candidate's academic performance during the first year is not within the top 10% of their class or if their GPA falls below a 3.7 out of a 4.0 point scale.
- This scholarship may be combined with other scholarships provided by individuals, companies or institutions not connected with SCI-Arc.